Sunday, October 29, 2017

Master Copy Paintings

Each semester I have my students create master copy paintings. This is a project I enjoyed a lot when I was in school. In eighth grade attempted to paint the Mona Lisa and I really wish I had a picture of it because it was just awful, but I loved it!

While student teaching, my co-operating teacher had the painting students do the same assignment. The first two here are my examples while student teaching. I've been having my own current classes do copies also. I believe it really helps to develop painting techniques. The bottom two are examples from my time at ERATS.

Click here to check out some of my students' examples. 


 Copy of a Chuck Close portrait
16x20 oil on canvas


Copy of "The Bath" by Fernando Botero
16x20 oil on canvas

Copy of "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh
16x20 acrylic on canvas

Copy of "A Bigger Splash" by David Hockney
12x16 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment